Saturday, February 17, 2007

Moving From Under The Power Lines

There isn't much left anymore. Whatever valuables I left were stolen or traded. Whatever love I left didn't follow me. It is amazing how quickly we lost what we built over six years. It isn't all gone. We still have places to sit, blankets to curl up with, and one little tv to watch the news. I have left, though. Figuritively and literally.
I am changing so quickly. I feel invinsible at times - even prosperous. That is, until I am enticed into the crackerbox house and his world of insanity. I can't help but fall for my own trap, over and over again. I seem to think that I can save him if I'm a friend. However, he remains toxic. When he is messed up, I hate both of us.
I could not help but want to move on quickly ... to create a different life - to move from the toxicity to a life full of worth. I have finally been emancipated, now I am figuring out where I go from here.

1 comment:

Homegrown {& the Bug} said...

Dude, you go left at Main Street, right? Shit, I don't know. I'm so bad at helping!
Two more things:
1. I called you tonight, you weren't there. I'm sad...
2. The link on my blog needs to be copied and pasted into your player. But really, listen to that song. It's the only tune I've listened to for two days and if you don't like it as much as I then I'm not sure we can still be friends. No, that's a lie, I totally love you...